Flying across the country to races some 'cross in the Pacific Northwest? Or are you headed to New England for some East Coast racing? Perhaps you want to give the legendary Belgian mud a try. Now you can travel without the hassle of punishing baggage fees for bikes. The Ritchey Break-Away® Pro Cross is a full size 'cross rig that can be split apart and fit into its own included travel case. Redesigned for 2017 with revised geometry, an integrated head tube and WCS carbon fork, this versatile machine now ships in a classic British racing green and yellow finish. The Break-Away Pro Cross frame is made from Ritchey heat treated, CrMo butted steel tubing, and includes a WCS Carbon Fork and headset. Aside from it's fantastic ride performance, the magic of this bike is in its patented locking compression system, which adds only 100 grams to the weight of the frame. The frame also features bridgeless chainstays for increased tire clearance and rack eyelets. The downtube is split near the bottom bracket and is fastened together with a simple locking ring. A double seatpost clamp up top secures the frame there. This system is strong and completely reliable - you'll never know you're riding a bike that you can split in half and pack in its own bag in less than twenty minutes. Case, padding, cable disconnects, and couplers also included in Frame Kit.
- Bottom Bracket: 68mm English threaded
- 28.6 front derailleur clamp (Caution: Front derailleur clamp MAX torque of 2.5Nm)
- 5.9lbs frame/fork (M)
- Case size: 8.5" W x 26.5"H x 31"L w/ wheels
- Break-Away travel case and padding included
- Ritchey does not guarantee Airlines will not charge
- DO NOT grease the downtube coupler on installation
- Protected by US Patent No. 6,886,844, EPO Patent 1298046 (validated in various EPO countries), Chinese Patent No. ZL200520113128.5 and Taiwanese Patent No. 192792 & 217716
|Frame||RItchey Break Away Cross|
|Fork||Ritchey WCS carbon|
|Bottom Bracket||68mm English threaded (sold separately)|
* Subject to change without notice.