14th Annual Duluth Community Bike Swap

April 25-26, 2020

The Swap

For the past 14 years,  Continental Ski & Bike has been helping the community of Duluth stay healthy and active by hosting and facilitating a yearly community driven bike swap. We have grown the swap from re-homing dozens of bikes the first year to last year turning over more than 500 bicycles to new homes and raising almost $12,000 for local charity in the process. 

The swap not only helps local bicycles find new loving homes, but it also helps to keep them out of landfills, supports healthy living, makes people smile and supports our local charities, Head of the Lakes United Way and Animal Allies Humane Society.

Ways To Help...

Donate a Bike

100% of the proceeds from donated bicycles will be split 50-50 between the  charities, Head of the Lakes United Way & Animal Allies Humane Society

Donated Bikes can be dropped off at Continental during store hours starting April 1st.

Sell a Bike

To sell a bike (must be in reasonable and safe condition) bring it to Continental Ski and Bike on the 25th or 26th between 9am and 7pm. Seller receives 75% and 25% of the proceeds are donated. 

Note: All bike prices are reduced 20% on Sunday.


We are always looking for organized individuals to help with registration, knowledgeable individuals to help price bikes, folks to help sell bikes, and/or bike enthusiasts who just like bikes and want to help out.


2020 (14th Annual) BIKE SWAP DETAILS


Bike Drop-Off

  • Thursday, April 23rd & Friday, April 24th, 9:00 am -7:00 pm

  • Saturday, April 25th, 8:00 am - 9:00 am

  • All bikes must be in rideable condition!

  • Seller determines price but volunteers will help if necessary.

    • If a bike sells, the seller gets 75% (they get a check 2 weeks after the swap). The other 25% gets evenly split between the charities.

    • Charities are United Way & Animal Allies.

    • Customer cannot choose charity. Donations will be split 50/50.

  • Donated bikes (only) can be dropped off at Continental beginning April 1st.

Bike Swap Sale Open

  • Saturday, April 25th, 10:00 am - 5:00 pm

  • Sunday, April 26th, 9:00 am - 2:00 pm

Important Notes Regarding the Sale

  • 100 FREE kids bike helmets will be given out to the first 100 kids bikes purchased at the swap.

  • All bike prices reduced 20% on Sunday. If the seller doesn’t want this, then they must pick up their bike by 5 pm on Saturday, April 27th.

    • Volunteers or staff WILL NOT pull out bikes for them.

  • Bicycles, tricycles, tandems, and bike trailers (e.g., child trailers, cargo trailers, etc.) are acceptable.

  • No other clothing, equipment, or parts are allowed in the sale.

  • No early viewing. First come, first served until gone.

Interested in volunteering?

  • Email Dan:

Interested in tabling as a vendor?

  • Email Kraig:

Additional Information/More questions?

Tent set-up in parking lot begins 4/22 or 4/23 (weather dependent)

Visit;; or check out the event on Facebook.

Donate without a bike

100% of donated funds split between charities

Thank you to our sponsors, we couldnt do it without you!